Expect unparalleled luxury and glamour in the heart of Greece at Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens.
Reviewed by: Gabrielle Robins
Where: Athens, Greece
When: April 2023
A brief overview:
The Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens, which opened in 2019, is the most sought-after and glamorous address on the Athens Riviera. This oasis spanning 30 hectares of pine trees is perched on a hill overlooking the breathtaking azure-blue Aegean waters. This expansive retreat comprises the Arion and Nafsika buildings. Upon arriving, you feel like you’ve entered heaven.
- Ultimate wellness retreat: The luxurious facilities, award-winning spa, and private beaches were all so incredibly relaxing that I didn’t leave the property once during my entire stay. I wanted to enjoy every second that I had in Athens at this fabulous property.
- Exceptional service: The resort, which is uniquely well-staffed with a team of 800, delivers the highest level of service. What’s more, the warm and doting staff, ranging from the pool attendants to the waiters, remembered my name and room number. In fact, off-menu requests were enthusiastically accommodated.
- This place is ideal for both a romantic getaway or a family vacation, with an incredible kids club and a lavish amount of space.
- When booking, make sure to reserve a room in the Nafsika building, the newer building.
See also: Inside Amanpuri’s Exclusive Wellness Offerings
- Proximity to city center: If you’re looking to visit the historical sites and old town, you’ll need to take a car, which can take up to 40-50 minutes. But the hotel is of course happy to help you arrange this if needed.
Accommodation: The room’s stand-out feature is the balcony, which is fitted with outdoor furniture and boasts stunning vistas of the waters. Ordering coffee and watching the sunrise from the balcony was the perfect start to the day. Also, the uber-comfortable beds, linen, and pillows from the Four Seasons Retail ensure you will have the most rejuvenating sleep. Moreover, the Diptyque toiletries are always a nice pampering touch.
Style: This hotel is the perfect blend of coastal chic, nature-inspired elements, and timeless luxury.
Wellness facilities: The Four Seasons Astir Palace Athens is a wellness sanctuary. The resort boasts a stunning outdoor infinity pool; an indoor pool facing the sea at the Spa; a state-of-the-art gym equipped with the latest Techno-gym machines; and a hydrotherapy zone, which includes an aroma steam grotto, chill showers, sauna, and hammam facilities. Meanwhile, my two favourite spots at the resort were the indoor and outdoor pools, where I spent most of my time.
Spa: Make sure to book the Spa’s signature treatments, Armonia 50-minute massage and the Oxygono Face & Eyes 30-minute facial —they are truly among the best treatments I’ve had. If you love the products used in the treatments as much as I did, you can purchase the Biologique Recherche creams and the signature massage oil, made exclusively for Four Seasons Athens. To have the best Spa experience possible, take some time after your treatment to indulge in lavender green tea in the Spa’s relaxation room.
See also: Regent Phu Quoc: A Luxurious Beachfront Retreat In Vietnam
Nutrition: The resort boasts a selection of eight restaurants, however, my absolute favorite is Taverna 37, which is one of the best taverns in all of Athens. Make sure to order the smoked eggplant cream and the zucchini patties. Also, the tuna poke bowl at the Nafsika pool was delicious and a refreshing treat while sunbathing.
Family-friendly: The resort is highly suitable for families. There’s a daily kids club open from 9:00 – 17:00 pm for ages four to twelve. There are also tons of daily activities to keep your little ones busy from pottery classes to all of the water sports activities you can possibly imagine, as well as tennis and basketball courts.
Price: The winter season at Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens starts from 400 Euros, while the summer months start from 1600 Euros.
See also: Belmond La Residencia: An Artistic Spa Retreat In Deià