High-quality dark chocolate is known for its nutritious qualities and packed with fibre, iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese, as well as lowering cholesterol and improving blood flow, which means a bit of quality chocolate is the perfect treat in moderation. Taking advantage of all those excellent qualities is COMO Shambhala’s vitamin- and mineral-rich raw cacao mousse, which is also gluten-free and supportive of digestion. If your sweet tooth is tingling just reading about it, then enjoy a little taste of the luxe wellness brand in your own kitchen and try out this delicious and healthy cacao mousse recipe.
Recipe: Healthy Cacao Mousse with Fresh Raspberries and Pistachios
Vitamin-Rich | Mineral-Rich | Digestive Support | Raw | Gluten-Free
For the mousse
- 35g/11⁄2oz (1⁄4 cup) Raw cacao powder
- 1 Large banana, peeled and sliced
- 200g/7oz Avocado flesh
- 85g/3oz (1⁄4 cup) Raw honey
- 35g/11⁄2oz (1⁄4 cup) Young coconut meat
- 90g/3oz (1⁄4 cup) Maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 80g/3oz (1⁄4 cup) Cacao butter (at room temperature)
- 1 Pinch of sea salt
For serving (set aside for later)
- 175g/6oz (11⁄2 cups) Fresh raspberries
- 35g/11⁄2oz (1⁄4 cup) shelled pistachios, chopped
- Food blender
- Chopping board
- 4x serving glasses or ramekins
- Place all the ingredients (except the cacao butter, salt, raspberries and pistachios) in a blender until well combined.
- Add the cacao butter and salt and blend until smooth and emulsified.
- Spoon into serving glasses.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, or until set.
- To serve, scatter the fresh raspberries on top of the mousse and sprinkle with the pistachios.
This recipe is one of 147 recipes from COMO Shambhala’s cookbook, ‘The Pleasures of Eating Well: Nourishing Favourites from the COMO Shambhala Kitchen’ (Clearview, 2016).