Apart from the wellness retreat itself, one of our favourite things about luxury getaways is planning what to wear when relaxing at the resort. Of course, every resort is different, and with that in mind it comes down to the little details to make your staple resort wear really pop. We sought out some expert advice from The Watchbox Hong Kong on the perfect men’s and women’s watches for some of our favourite luxury resorts around the world: read on to find out what to wear, where…
On the coast of Vietnam’s Nui Chua National Park, Amanoi Wellness Resort from the prestigious Aman Group is nestled between evergreen hillsides and the crystal-clear waters of Vinh Hy Bay. Listed by Harper’s Bazaar Travel Guide 2018 as one of The 100 Greatest Hotels in the World, and named “Best Resort Hotel Worldwide” in 2017 by the Gallivanter’s Awards for Excellence, this award-winning retreat delivers on its wellness promises.
For Amanoi, the JLC Reverso Squadra and Vacheron Constantin Overseas watches will compliment the blue tones of the vast water views from the resort that provokes the ultimate serenity.
JLC Reverso Squadra:
- A larger, square version of the classic JLC Reverso in a slightly larger and more modern size for women
- Easy to read, swivelling dial
- White dial surrounded by two lines of diamonds, stainless steel case, white alligator strap
- Versatile from day to night
Vacheron Constantin Overseas:
- Sporty and sophisticated
- Vibrant blue lacquered dial, matching blue rubber strap, stainless steel case
- Hours, minutes, seconds, chronograph function
- One of the brands’ most popular models
- Water Resistant
Frequented by A-list celebrities like Chrissy Teigen and John Legend, COMO Shambhala Estate in Ubud, Bali, offers an exclusive jungle escape and a stellar selection of wellness programme. With experts in yoga, pilates and Ayurvedic therapies onsite, the four customisable programmes—Cleanse, Be Active, Ayurvedic and Bespoke—are designed to help you reach your wellness goal.
To evoke the resort’s lush jungle environment, the Rolex Day-Date “Stella” Dial and FP Journe Chronometre Resonance provide the same high level of visual stimulation with warm gold tones and vibrant shades of teal-green.
Rolex Day-Date “Stella” Dial:
- Highly coveted “Stella”, easily recognized by the eye-catching colour of the dial
- This special version of the classic Day-Date was originally produced for the Middle-Eastern market in the 1970s.
- Extremely rare
- A true treasure and “must-have” for any vintage Rolex collector
FP Journe Chronometre Resonance:
- Stunning black mother-of-pearl dial surrounded by a warm rose gold case
- One of the Independent Watch Maker’s most impressive and intricate movement in his current line of production
- One of the most precise wristwatches in the world
- Rose gold movement
- The movement has two balances that beat in opposition and work in perfect synchronization, regulating each other.
- Two time displays on the dial which can be used as two independent time zones
In the heart of Hua Hin, Thailand, Chiva-Som Health Resort is well-known as one of the top in Asia and the world. From fitness training to physio recovery, detoxification to weight management, Chiva-Som covers all wellness-bases for a life-changing wellness experience that will help you along on your wellness journey.
The beautiful shades of green in the FP Journe Elegante and Panerai Luminor 1940 PAM 736 elicit a tranquil state of being, like the ambience of this resort.
FP Journe Elegante
- The “Elegante” properly named due to the beautiful tortue shaped and delicately diamond outfitted timepiece
- A complicated and innovative movement with high-performance electronic components. The battery enters “standby” mode when the watch is not in use. This efficient battery allows for up to 18 years of use before needing to be replaced.
Panerai Luminor 1940 PAM 736:
- Limited Edition of 300 pieces
- Matte green 47mm dial with cream patinaed hands
- Beautiful calf Ponte Vecchio Dark brown strap
The world-famous Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong is a five-star luxurious urban retreat. As the Mandarin Oriental Group’s flagship property, the hotel is renowned for its prestigious style and impeccable service. The in-house spa offers relaxing retreat experiences for an afternoon, a weekend, or beyond, including the latest Digital Detox retreat to help guests disconnect from technology and reconnect with themselves.
These watches are obvious choices to match the class and decadence of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Yellow gold, diamonds, tiger’s eye: retro, yet perpetually in style.
- First introduced in the 1980’s the Cartier Panthere became one of the brand’s most iconic watches.
- Classic and bold style fitted with a white dial and Roman numeral markers, surrounded by diamonds and a yellow gold case and interlinked bracelet
- Delicate and modern
- Discontinued in the early 2000’s and re-introduced in 2017 with a modern case size.
- Not your average Day-Date
- Tiger’s Eye stone dial with gorgeous contrast with the yellow gold hands, case and bracelet
- Features the day, date, hours, minutes, seconds
- Commonly recognized as the “President” or “Presidential” due to world leaders such as Lyndon B. Johnson wearing the watch since the watch was first produced in the 1950s.
Situated beside Italy’s gorgeous Lake Garda, Lefay Resort and Spa offers holistic wellness programmes supported by the latest in wellness technology. Opened in 2009, the resort has been shaking up the wellness scene in Europe for nearly a decade with its results-driven approach to spa retreats that leave you feeling rejuvenated and recentred.
With serene shades of blue and shimmering surfaces, the Chanel Camelia and FP Journe Chronometre Blue were picked to match Lake Garda, and Lefay’s jaw-dropping infinity pool.
- Jewellery watch inspired by Chanel Icons
- Diamonds and sapphires on a flower motif case
- Blue satin strap
- Delicate yet striking design
FP Journe Chronometre Blue:
- Striking chrome-blue dial with polished tantalum case that has a rare dark grey metal with blue over-tones to match the aesthetics of the dial
- Ivory-coloured steel hands that contrast the dial exceptionally
- Tantalum case which is valued for its extremely high resistance to corrosion and wear
- 18K rose gold mechanical movement
It’s the red rocks of Sedona that will catch your eye at Mii Amo, but motivating fitness programmes and Native American-inspired therapies that will make you never want to leave this true oasis in the desert. Featured on Goop.com as well as recognised by Travel + Leisure as the World’s Best Destination Spa, this Stateside retreat is one of the best you can check into for a lifestyle reset.
Surrounded by red rocks and untouched natural beauty, these two timepieces fit right in with warm rose gold cases and unique dials.
- White enamel floral dial with stunning enamel butterfly motif
- Limited edition of 8 pieces
- Large case size with legible time function
- Warm rose gold case to match the red rocks of Sedona, Arizona
Hublot Classic Fusion Berluti:
- Unique Berluti Venezia leather dial and strap
- Satin finished and polished 18k king gold
- Masculine and sleek
- Limited edition of 250
On the remote Indonesian island of Sumba, Nihi Sumba is an eco-resort specialising in unique wellness experiences, from influencer-led yoga retreats to activity-packed programmes. The spectacular location is what sets this place apart—for true isolation and peace and quiet, this award-winning resort is worth the trip.
With a vacation full of yoga, surfing, horseback riding, and diving, Rolex timepieces are the perfect accessory. Sporty yet undeniably beautiful, these two luxury watches fit the setting and adventures you’ll find in Sumba.
- Non-traditional colourful gem-set bezel surrounding the black dial and rose-gold case
- 38 sapphires (blue, orange, yellow, and pink), 8 tsavorites, and 1 diamond at 12 o’clock
- Oysterflex bracelet comfortable in warm weather and sturdy enough for outdoor adventures
- Released at Baseworld in 2017
- 100m water resistance
- 48 hours of power reserve
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona was first introduced in 1963
- One of the brands most desirable model
- Designed to meet the demands of professional racing drivers
- 18k White Gold case
- Black ceramic bezel featuring a tachymetric scale to perfectly measure speeds up to 400 kilometres
- “Panda” steel dial with contrasting black subdials for the seconds and chronograph function
- Oysterflex bracelet comfortable in warm weather and sturdy enough for outdoor adventures
- 72-hours power reserve
- 100 meters / 300 ft waterproof
In New Zealand’s remote Southern Alps, Aro Hā invites guests to get back to nature with luxurious eco-accommodation and outdoor activities designed to inspire the soul, invigorate the mind and sculpt the body. Combining hiking, yoga, and mindfulness techniques with nutritious cuisine, these six-night retreats are sure to give you a brand new perspective and attitude to go home with.
Rustic colours and strong edges stay in theme with the outdoor beauty of this boutique retreat.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak:
- The Royal Oak, designed by famed watchmaker Gerald Genta, was originally introduced into the market in 1972.
- It is the brand’s most iconic model.
- White tapisserie dial and integrated bracelet
- Time and date functions
Tudor Heritage Black Bay:
- Modern with a strong vintage heritage
- In-house movement
- Bold rustic bronze case with creamy patina hands and markers
- 70-hour power reserve