Wellness has moved from fitness and nutrition to embracing all aspects of a person: ‘mind, body, and soul’ is the phrase most commonly used to encompass the inclusion of emotional, mental and spiritual health rather than simply the physical. For a retreat that will really work your creativity and inspire you artistically and emotionally, Capella Ubud in Bali is offering a once-in-a-lifetime exclusive weekend with architect and designer Bill Bensley to unleash your imagination.
The award-winning tented camp in Ubud, Bali, was designed by Bill Bensley, who will lead the programme for art enthusiasts on November 1st to 3rd 2019. Having created and designed more than 200 resorts and hotels in over 30 countries, Bensley is known for his bold designs and eclectic, eccentric and vividly detailed hospitality concepts.
Capella Ubud was designed to evoke the heritage of its location and built with minimal intervention to the surrounding jungle and environment to preserve the history of the place. With luxury tents and lodges nestled between the lush foliage, each room, suite and apartment has its own unique character tied together with Balinese-chic flair.
The retreat programme includes a mix of creative and wellness activities, including morning runs, massages and sketch classes with Bensley himself. Outlined below is a detailed list of the package offerings, combined with the amenities regularly offered at Capella Ubud:
- A curated guided art tour through the camp and Bali led by Bill Bensley
- A visit to Neka museum with a private guided tour to explore a large collection of Rudolf Bonnet’s works together with Bill Bensley who is an avid and passionate collector of Bonnet’s works, followed by a picnic lunch will be served en-route to the Bensley design Studio in Sanur
- A trip to Bill Bensley’s favourite antique stores on the island
- A sketch class and a guided morning run with Bill Bensley
- One Rijsttafel dinner at Mads Lange and an Omakase dinner at Api Jiwa hosted by Bill Bensley
- One personalised and signed copy of Bill Bensley’s coffee table book “Escapism”
- One personalised, a signed drawing of the tent that will be yours during this weekend
- A 75-minutes Balinese massage per person
Guests will have a unique insiders look at both Bali and Capella Ubud through the eyes of Bensley, and 3% of the generated revenue from the weekend package will be donated to the Shinta Mani Foundation, an organisation founded by Bill Bensley that seeks to improve the lives of Cambodians and Cambodian communities.