Tofu has been long hailed for its health benefits, offering a hearty alternative to meat and even some dairy products. Packed with calcium, iron and magnesium, to name a few, the protein-rich curds can be cooked in many different forms, applicable to numerous types of cuisine. At Thailand’s Chiva-Som Health Resort, wellbeing comes first, a retreat which integrates different concepts of holistic wellness in nutrition, spa and activities. Bring a taste of Chiva-Som’s kitchen to your home with this Tofu Scramble With Tumeric & Black Pepper recipe.
Recipe: Tofu Scramble With Tumeric & Black Pepper
High Fibre |Anti-Inflammatory | Vitamin-Rich | Vegan |Contains Soy
(Serving Size: 140g | Calories: 83)
• 50g White tofu (firm)
• 100g Kinu tofu (silken tofu)
• 87ml Soy milk
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 1/4 tsp Tumeric powder
• A pinch of Black pepper powder
• Garnish with spring onion (sliced)
• Chopping board
• Plate/bowl for serving
- In a pan under medium heat, add both tofus and roughly mash.
- Add turmeric and soy milk.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion to serve.
This recipe is from Chiva-Som Health Resort in Hua Hin, Thailand. If you enjoyed this recipe, check out retreats at Chiva-Som today on Compare Retreats, and explore our other retreat recipes for a little taste of wellness at home.