With the colder months approaching, the demand for hot, hearty soups increases, to ensure a healthy-lined stomach to beat winter flu. Green vegetables are celebrated for their vitamin-rich, low-calorie properties, which make an excellent choice for winter warming. Chef Dan curates Chiva-Som International Health Resort‘s unique wellness recipes, with his signature cooking techniques, for the most distinctive, delicious meals. Boost the immune system with this Emerald Soup recipe, to bring a taste of Chiva-Som back home.
Recipe: Emerald Soup
Vegan | Gluten-Free | Vitamin-Rich | Antioxidant-Rich
• 2kg Broccoli flower, cut to small pieces
• 5kg Pumpkin, peeled, cut to small pieces
• 2kg Zucchini, cut to small pieces
• 500g Dill, cut
• 500g Parsley, without stem
• 2kg Spinach leaves, without stem
• 600g Miso paste
• 5 litres Drinking water
• 1x Chopping board
1x Chopping knife
• 1x Saucepan
• 1x Blender
• 1x Bowl (for serving)
- Cut and trim all vegetables.
- In a hot pot of boiled drinking water, add broccoli, pumpkin, zucchini boiled for an hour at medium temperature then add dill, parsley to the pot boiled for 5 min.
- Remove from heat cool down and set aside.
- Place cool soup in the blender add miso paste blend until smooth.
This recipe is from Chiva-Som Health Resort in Hua Hin, Thailand. If you enjoyed this recipe, check out retreats at Chiva-Som today on Compare Retreats, and explore our other retreat recipes for a little taste of wellness at home.